Cold Formed Steel Framing Advantages (CFs)
With over 50 years of experience, Potomac Steel Inc and our Structural Frame & Truss Design Production System have many advantages
- CFS is an inorganic material that should be used in coastal, or flood-prone zones for its ability to withstand fungi, humidity, mold or corrosion.
- CFS is a resilient material making buildings disaster-resistant. It handles seismic or high wind events better as it has a significantly greater strength-to-weight ratio than most materials and the ability to bend or stretch without breaking or losing its properties.
- CFS is pre-engineered, preassembled, and produces little to no waste. This is advantageous to faster turnarounds for projects, the building will stand just like the day it was built lasting longer than traditional framed buildings with little maintenance required.
- CFS is endlessly recyclable because it does not lose any inherent properties such as strength when it is melted down and recast therefore is a sustainable alternative.
- CFS is noncombustible and unhospitable to vermin.